“Protect our natural resources for a sustainable future.”
Marlis was fortunate to realize what he wanted to do in life at a very early childhood age. He set himself on his architecture path in 1985 and has been on his journey ever since. He began his collegiate coursework at the University of Southern Mississippi in Architectural Engineering Technology for several years. He then transferred to Louisiana State University earning a Bachelor of Architecture degree. It was during college that he was made aware of the importance of minimizing the waste the humans create, especially construction waste. Recycling materials is very important to him.
Now living and practicing in Los Angeles over 20 years, Marlis has a demonstrated expertise in project management, design, and leadership roles from project conception through construction completion. He has handled all facets of complex government agency approval processes and ensures smooth client communication and quality assurance. He is a technically apt professional with results in effective time and resource management and satisfied clients.
- Registered Architect: California
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- LEED AP, BD+C
Bachelor of Architecture, Louisiana State University
Selected Project Experience:
- Rio Hondo College L-Tower Seismic Upgrade | Whittier, CA
- Building G HVAC Replacement, Lynwood High School | Lynwood, CA
- Century Plaza Hotel | Los Angeles, CA
- Beverly Hills High School Modernization and Expansion | Beverly Hills, CA
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital Remodel | Moreno Valley, CA
- Jurupa Valley High School | Fontana, CA